Evolution of the Dragon

Thursday, September 08, 2005

By the Numbers

2 days (48 hours) of tattooing (give or take a couple of hours)
12 tattoo sessions
2,673.6 miles driven from Boston, MA to Portland, ME and back
$86.40 of highway tolls paid
$24 spent on feeding the parking meter
1 parking violation warning
$201 spent on the world's best jumbo lobster rolls at Bob's Clam Hut
35 blogger posts (36 including this one)
48 ounces of Curel used to moisturize
131 pictures taken
1 visit from Ron and Lacy
1 apprentice hired
3rd episode of Star Wars came out
1 lady who wanted business cards because she "worked the streets"
$ cost of tattoo (don't bother asking)
1 bad ass dragon tattoo exactly as I wanted

posted by jim @ 10:41 PM

8 Comments:

2 new friends.
Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, September 10, 2005 6:40:00 PM  
definitely
Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, September 12, 2005 12:01:00 PM  
Jim - Your tat is amazing. I've been lurking on your site for the past few months - amazing work. Inspiring actually - enough so that I got some beautiful cherry blossoms from Phuc a few weeks back.

http://littlestpea.blogspot.com/2005/09/beautiful-new-ink.html
You know, iffen you're interested:)

Congrats on the work - it's really incredible.
Blogger J, at Tuesday, September 13, 2005 9:02:00 AM  
thanks j. your arm looks great! are you planning on adding more? congrats on your wedding.
Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:05:00 AM  
Hey awesome tattoo, Phuc is great, I should have gone to him to get my first tattoo. It was a big regret I'm ashamed of myself. I think I will go to him to fix it but I'm not sure. Keep up with the blog even after its finished :-)
Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:07:00 PM  
thanks sarah, i'm not quite sure what i'm planning for the site now that the tattoo is done. if anyone has any suggestions, i'd be more that happy to listen.
Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:15:00 PM  
Thanks for the congrats Jim - the wedding went great!

As for more, I'm thinking about background, and how I can fuse the new work with some stuff I have on my back.

Also, as you know, big work is costly and now that I'm married there's all this "lets buy a house and have kids" crap going on, so...we'll see.

Good luck in Boston
Blogger J, at Friday, September 23, 2005 10:31:00 AM  
priceless.
Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, October 08, 2005 3:04:00 PM  

Provide a Comment