Evolution of the Dragon

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Farewell O Grendel

So Katie and I stayed overnight in Maine this weekend. It probably contributed to my tiredness when we arrived at Tsunami at noon today. It was a very relaxing weekend, but we did a lot of stuff. We had a great view of the ocean, ate lobster (twice), and hiked on a creepy trail. We stayed at the York Harbor Inn where we stared at funny looking wallpaper and cozied up by the fire. After all this, I got tattooed and, of course, it was raining.

Here are the pictures. You can see the progression from the first, second, and third pictures. The fourth and fifth pictures are of the shading that Phuc began today. I'm not sure if it was the actual tattooing, me being tired, or something else, but it was a relatively painful session. I'm also not sure if I should feel sad or excited, but grendel is at long last gone. I have some fond memories related to that tattoo, but time to make some new ones.

Now that you've checked out the pictures, let me know what you think!

The next appointment is in two weeks on May 28th at noon.

posted by jim @ 8:23 PM

5 Comments:

It's looking great so far! Love the green coloring :)

I'm excited to see how it's progressing....

Dawn (first came to your website through a LiveJournal tattoo community)
Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, May 16, 2005 3:42:00 PM  
Phuc's original idea was to make the belly red. We decided to go with the blue instead. In the end, I was definitely happy with that decision.
Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, May 16, 2005 9:36:00 PM  
Actually, Jim beat me into submission and MADE me do it. I was gonna make his tattoo all crappy and such, but nooooooo, he wanted a nice tattoo.
Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, May 17, 2005 2:16:00 PM  
That looks so nice. Phuc gave me my first tattoo about 1 1/2 years ago and i'm obsessed now. I've gotten 3 or so more after that. I moved to Texas, and am heading back in July to get more work done. It is extremely addicting. I haven't gone as big as your back piece yet... although I do have my shoulder and chest done and am going back to get the rest of my arm done to my elbow.

Now that I live so far away he can't do my back, but i'll be getting a big piece done soon down in Austin I hope!
Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, May 28, 2005 3:55:00 PM  
Thanks Lauren! I am very pleased with Phuc's work. I understand why he gets so many repeat customers. Good luck on your tattoos. I'll be getting tattooed that weekend too.
Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, May 28, 2005 10:45:00 PM  

Provide a Comment