Evolution of the Dragon

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Squeeze Dat Ass!

And I'm back! And my ass hurts! Not that bad though. The words of wisdom from Phuc this week was "squeeze your ass cheeks as tight as you can." I have to say, it sounds funny, but it really works! Plus, it's a great workout to firm-up the buttocks. I think I psyched myself out this week about getting my butt tattooed because everyone was talking about how painful it would be (Thanks Keith!). But, it wasn't that bad. I still think the love handles are much worse. So, here are the pictures. The first two are the first and second sessions, so you can compare. The third is the whole piece completed today. Officially, the line work is complete unless Phuc adds in some background, but that depends on if we have the time. The fourth picture is a close up of the top section. As you can see, Phuc added the orb and some flames on my shoulder. He also finished the scales on the left midsection and added some flames on the right. The last picture is a close up of the tail that wraps around the side of my left cheek.

Again the detailing is amazing, but the pictures don't do it much justice. Let me know what you think!

The next appointment is next week on May 15th at noon.

posted by jim @ 6:30 PM

2 Comments:

And what a fine bootie it is :-)

Excited to join you on next weeks adventure. I hope the weather's nice so we can stop by the beach on our way to Tsunami and stick our feet in the sand....
Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, May 08, 2005 7:33:00 PM  
I thought I would get a lot more done- maybe start with the shading- but line work on the butt is just time consuming and harder than line work on, say, the upper back. Also, when you're tattooing someone's back, it's just better in the long run to do it all right the first time so that you're not going back into the line work to re-do sutff that didn't work the first time through. That said, a lot of fine tuning can (and will) be done through the shading. I'll look forward to the shading next week.

No more cheek-squeezing for a while...
Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, May 09, 2005 2:33:00 PM  

Provide a Comment