Evolution of the Dragon

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Grin and Bare, Tattoo Flaws, and Mutated Dragon

Today was a "grin and bare it" kind of day. As I had anticipated, doing my love handles and lower back sucked. Phuc gave me a "plan b," where he would work on another part of my back if I could not handle the scales, but luckily I never had to go there. So, he finished the big scales on my lower back today. The session actually lasted about five hours today, longer than usual, because we figured that we were on a roll and should get all the scales finished! I apologize to his client after me for running overtime. The pictures are in order of the sessions, as usual. The final picture is what was done today.

Phuc mentioned today that he had read an editorial regarding whether people should point out flaws in other's tattoos. Specifically, the writer suggested not doing so, because the person may become obsessed with the flaw. After he shared this story, Phuc mentioned that he had a tattoo of a five legged dragon.

The next appointment is in two weeks on July 16th at 12 p.m.

posted by jim @ 8:57 PM

3 Comments:

Yay, Jim. Nice job today! I honestly didn't think we'd go all the way- you know, like in Rocky when he's fighting Apollo Creed and he wants to "go the distance" and Burgess Meredith is like "YOU CAN'T DO IT, ROCK" and he's like, "AAAAADDDDRIAN!" You had the eye of the tiger today. And, yes, I know that I am mixing my Rocky metaphors because Eye of the Tiger wasn't in the movies until Rocky III in which Mick dies and Apollo Creed has to train Rocky to fight against Clubber Lang... Dang, I think I want to watch Rocky now.
Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, July 03, 2005 1:12:00 PM  
Hey Jim,
It was great seeing you last month, Lacy and I had a good time hanging out with you and Katie. Thanks for playing tour guide. Glad you made it through your latest session. Your tattoo is looking really good.
Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, July 03, 2005 10:42:00 PM  
I was in awe of you on saturday and all I could offer you was my hand and some of my peanuts, neither of which you really needed :-) And that gritty perseverance came out again last night when you thankfully scared away the scary old man that tried to side swipe us on the way to the Fireworks on the Charles...He didn't even get to see the dragon, and he still high tailed himself out of there... :-)
Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, July 05, 2005 3:32:00 PM  

Provide a Comment