Evolution of the Dragon

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Freak Dancing and Black Market Popcorn Poppers: The Secret World of Tattoo Parlors

So, the BIG day has finally arrived. Time to get some work done. I'm not exactly sure where to start with this post. I have so much to talk about. First things first, I really liked the design that Phuc drew up! It looks great! As you can see in the picture of the tattoo, the outlining has begun.

This was four hours of outline work. I would like to say that these were four easy hours of outline work, but I can't. It hurt like nobody's business. It was more sensitive than I thought it would be, but I survived to get tattooed another day. And, the tattoo looks cool as hell!

I bet you're wondering, "what's up with the title of the post?" That's something you'll have to find out for yourself when you go get a tattoo. It's only for members of the "secret society of people who get tattoos" to know. Actually, these were some topics that we talked about during the session, maybe I'll share more about it later. I can't say I talked much during the session though. It's kind of hard to focus on a conversation when you have a needle jabbing you in your back.

That's all for now, but drop me a comment and let me know what you think so far. There's much more to come, don't you worry.

My next appointment is on April 24th at 2 p.m.

posted by jim @ 10:50 PM

1 Comments:

So I'm the girl in the corner, with my laptop (as lame as it sounds, that is my life..who said graduate school is a good idea?)...Anyhow, Just a couple things from the corner perspective.

1) You must also add that it was a dark and rainy day in the east(as usual), a perfect day for getting a tattoo.
2) I don't think that the picture here really does justice to it. The size and detailing are just amazing.
3)Can I add that I am in full support of 'freak dancing' at school sponsored events. Maybe this moral dilemma can posed to future visitors of the dragon blog....till next time!
Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:40:00 AM  

Provide a Comment