Evolution of the Dragon

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Grin and Bare Part II

So it seems as though the sessions are becoming progressively more painful. I'm not exactly sure what that's all about, but today sucked. Phuc colored in quite a bit even though it might not look like it. He finished the grey highlights on the scales, which were completed last session. Speaking of which, I experienced a new tattooing sensation today when he was doing the grey highlights. The scales are still in the semi-itchy phase, so when Phuc tattooed them, it felt really odd. Instead of a good sensation like someone scratching my itch, it felt more like he was poking it with a hot nail. Which was pretty much what he was doing anyways. The last picture was the work completed today and the rest are the progressive sessions leading up to it.

So Tsunami officially has a new apprentice. Not that kind. But... It was suggested that Phuc put on a similar competition to pick his apprentice when he originally decided that he was going to take one on. Beth is Tsunami's new apprentice. Katie and I had the opportunity to meet her today. She's really nice and I'm guessing that because Phuc and Sue hired her, she must be a great artist and has the potential to be a great tattooer. But for now, they have someone to run and get smoothies or maybe it'll be cheesecakes from Brooklyn.

The next appointment is next week on July 23th at 11 a.m.

posted by jim @ 8:47 PM

3 Comments:

I'm sure it's hard to not see the same wholesale progress that we made the last couple of sittings- no massive coverage or anything like that- but you can rest assured that I was not just sitting back there tattooing the same spot over and over again. I really was doin' stuff.
Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, July 18, 2005 7:42:00 AM  
I understand that in my head, but it sure felt like you were poking me with a pitchfork in my side all day long.
Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, July 18, 2005 9:15:00 AM  
The pitchfork is the secret to my success- how do you think I get all those colors in there?
Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, July 18, 2005 11:33:00 AM  

Provide a Comment