Evolution of the Dragon

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Eventful Day

Today was a very eventful day. The shop was jumping! Phuc had guest tattooer, Mr. Steven Huie, from New York's Murder Ink Tattoos in Queens and Fly Rite Tattoo in Brooklyn. He's an amazing artist, so if you are in New York sometime check him out. As a side note, for those that read this and are fans of Miami Ink, Steven has a backpiece completed by Chris Garver, which for the most part wouldn't be a big deal; however, the piece was completely freehanded on to his back and has the most amazing detail that I have ever seen. After seeing this piece, I have developed the utter most respect for Garver's work. If you ever run into Steven, you have to ask to see his backpiece.

Second eventful thing today was Katie officially getting her first tattoo. This was an amazing piece for a first tattoo and she sat for four hours. I'm super impressed by that! Here are the pictures from her session.

My piece seems a little boring after all the other things that happened today. It seems a little uneventful as I think about it now. Phuc finished the belly on my lower back and began the scales on my right cheek. For those of you that don't want to see my butt, turn away now.


I'd like to hear what you think, so leave a comment. My next appointment is in two weeks on August 20th at 12 p.m.

posted by jim @ 9:52 PM

8 Comments:

Katie - Your tattoo is awesome! I love it.

Jim - Nice butt :)
Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, August 07, 2005 6:22:00 PM  
Thanks. I've been doing lunges to keep it firm!
Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, August 07, 2005 8:28:00 PM  
Katie - your tattoo is absolutely amazing! I am so impressed by you! Jim, I'll refrain from mentioning your butt until we actually meet. :)
Sam
Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, August 08, 2005 2:07:00 PM  
Thanks ladies!
I am so thrilled with it..thank you soooo much Phuc!!
I had to dig down 'deep' and go to my 'happy' place during the last hour but, other than that it wasn't soo bad. I did learn that laughing when you have a needle stuck in your back is an interesting sensation.....
Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, August 08, 2005 6:15:00 PM  
Ok so maybe it wasn't sooo bad, but it was pretty bad :)Nevertheless I'm already thinking about another one.

PS-
It is a nice butt isn't it ;)
Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, August 08, 2005 7:45:00 PM  
All this talk of butts makes me want to set up a blog for my own tooshy. Actually, Jim and Katie both had rockstar days. I think for Katie, it's just beginning, and for Jim, the light is finally glimmering at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully, it's not a train.
Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, August 09, 2005 7:25:00 AM  
Oh Buddy you rock....I have a fairly large back piece and its as close as I have come to a religious experience,,,When
that 9 round needle passed over my spine I wimpered like a little girl ,,,,but it's worth it eh? Your Tattoo is Beautiful
I am learning to Tattoo,,a new career @ 55 years young,,
the best is yet to come..with regards,,Flash
Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, April 08, 2006 8:57:00 PM  
thanks flash,
good luck with your endeavors.
Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, April 10, 2006 11:13:00 AM  

Provide a Comment